PRO EXPRESS X-PERT PLUSUltra powerful high pressure steam generator with Scale Collector for fast and efficient ironing
High-Pressure Steam Generator GV8976 Purple
Pro Express Xpert is an high pressure steam generator, with the exclusive 5 settings technology invented by Tefal. "Syhthetics", "Silk", "Wool", "Cotton", "Linen", 5 settings to get in just one touch the optimum & precise combination of temperature and steam for each of your fabric. Extremely efficient, you will get rid of unwanted creases with the ultra-high level concentrated steam boost and the ultra thin droplets spray-vaporiser.
High performance for perfectly precise, powerful ironing
The Pro Express X-pert high-pressure steam generator meets ironing's every need, for the most demanding ironing sessions. Fast and efficient, it features an integrated vaporizer for stubborn creases and fabrics along with Tefal's smart 5-setting technology, for the optimum combination of temperature and steam in a single touch. Thanks to an anti-scale calc-collector and a high-quality soleplate, the Pro Express Total is ensured a long life and durable design. Rounding it all off, an automatic-rewind power cord makes transport and storage safe and easy.
Perfection for each fabric, with fast and precise ironing
High-pressure steam to penetrate fabrics and facilitate ironing. 5 settings to ensure a perfect combination of steam and temperature for all your fabrics. Maximum precision for perfect ironing.
High-pressure steam penetrates fabrics to ease your ironing.
Steam boost for increased steam output to iron thick fabrics and remove unwanted creases.
Easy & efficient anti-calc solution
The calc-collector provides easy removal of calc deposits from the boiler, ensuring a longer life for your device and long lasting steam performance.
Superb results: the ultimate anti-crease solution
The integrated vaporizer pulverizes micro-droplets on linen to moisten it and get it rid of unwanted creases in the simplest way. The ultimate weapon against stubborn creases.
Perfect glide and long-lasting performance.
Easy and safe transport
Lock your ironing appliance for easy and safe transport.
Automatically rewind your power cord and easily store your appliance
The removable water tank can be filled at any time during the ironing session.
Product Repairable for 10 years
• Designed for easy repair
• Low cost fast delivery of spare parts for 10 years
Choose a board that is height-adjustable to adjust it to your body. It should be steady and robust so that you can place the ironing appliance on it. The board should be perforated to allow the steam to pass through the fibres of the fabric to soften it and make ironing easier. The ironing board cover should also be suitable to allow the flow of steam through.
• Tap water: Your appliance has been designed to work with tap water. If your water is very hard, mix 50% tap water with 50% distilled water (available in stores). In some regions near the sea, the salt content in your water may be high. In this case, use distilled water only. • Softener: There are several types of softeners and most of them can be used in your appliance. However, some softeners, and particularly those that use chemical products such as salt, may cause white or brown stains, this is particularly the case with filter jugs. If you experience this sort of problem, we suggest you try using untreated tap water or bottled water. Remember: Do not use rain water or water containing additives (such as starch or perfume) or water from clothes dryers, water from refrigerators, air conditioners etc. These additives may affect the properties of the steam, and together with high temperatures can cause deposits to form in the steam chamber which could soil your laundry and lead to premature ageing of the appliance.
This function allows you to iron fabrics such as curtains whilst hanging or clothes on a hanger.
To do this, set the iron temperature button to the maximum position.
• Leave the item on a hanger and gently pull the fabric with one hand.
•Press the steam control button intermittently and
move the iron from top to bottom
As the steam produced is very hot, it softens the fibres and removes creases.
Note: Never use the vertical steam function on an item being worn by anyone.
Yes this is because the steam is generated in a separate area away from the soleplate of the iron. This allows you to obtain steam on the lowest heat setting, e.g. silks. However, when the iron temperature control is set to the lowest setting you must also set the steam output control dial (depending on the model) to the low position, otherwise water droplets may appear in the steam.
To avoid damaging the soleplate, follow this advice: • Always place your iron on its heel rest or its base (depending on model), • Avoid ironing over abrasive items (buttons, zip fastenings, etc.), • Never clean your iron’s soleplate with abrasive or metallic pads.
Shiny marks can appear on some fabrics, especially on dark coloured fabrics. We would advise ironing dark clothes inside out and using the correct temperature. If ironing mixed-fibre fabrics, set the temperature for the most fragile fibre. Important: The iron takes longer to cool down than to heat up. We recommend that you start with fabrics to be ironed at a low temperature.
Before any maintenance, make sure that the appliance is unplugged and that the soleplate, boiler and iron rest have cooled down (at least 2 hours after ironing). Do not use any maintenance or descaling product to clean the soleplate or the base unit. Never hold the iron or its base unit under a running tap. Cleaning the base unit: • Wipe the plastic parts from time to time using a slightly damp soft cloth. Maintaining the boiler (once a month): • Please note: To prolong your boiler's efficiency and avoid scale deposits, you must rinse the boiler every 10 uses (around once a month). • Check that the generator is cool and has been unplugged for more than 2 hours. • Slowly loosen the boiler cap. If your generator boiler has an anti-calc rod, take this out and rinse it under the tap before placing it back in the boiler. • Use a jug to fill the boiler with tap water until it is 3/4 full. • Shake the base unit gently for a few seconds then empty it completely over the sink. • For best results, we recommend that you perform this operation once again. If you live in a hard water area, do this more often. Most of all, do not use any descaling products to clean the boiler as they could damage it.
Descaling operation is not needed for the steam generator, nevertheless, you could rinse the boiler every 10 uses (refer to user manual). Never use any descaling agent or vinegar when rinsing the boiler: they could damage it. • Models with scale collector: Rinse the scale collector under water. The next time you use your generator, press the "restart" button to turn off the orange "Anti-calc" light (depending on model). • Models without scale collector: Rinse the boiler. The next time you use your generator, press the "restart" button to turn off the orange "Anti-calc" light (depending on model).
• The Durillium soleplate: Regularly clean the soleplate with a damp, non metallic washing up pad. For easier, non-corrosive cleaning of your iron’s soleplate, use a damp sponge on the soleplate while it is still warm. If cleaning dirt off is an issue, use the stick which is made specifically for cleaning the Durillium soleplates. • The stainless soleplate: Clean the soleplate of your iron when it is cool with a damp cloth or a non-abrasive sponge. • The autoclean soleplate: It is recommended that you use a soft damp cloth on the warm soleplate, in order not to damage the surface. Warning: The use of iron cleaner will cause damage to your soleplate’s autoclean coating.
No. When starting or using the steam generator you may hear a pumping or vibrating noise along with a clicking sound. This is completely normal and is just the pump injecting water into the boiler, or the steam valve opening.
Place the iron's temperature control to the type of fabric to be ironed and set the steam output to match (If the setting temperature control is on Synthetics, the setting steam control must be on MIN).
If the boiler does not operate or the red light on the control panel comes on even though there is still water left in the tank, we suggest you check the water tank is not empty. You can also check the removable water tank (depending on model) is pressed down firmly in place and press the restart button located on the control panel. Also the steam output control dial may be set at minimum (depending on Model); therefore turn the dial up to increase the steam.
This can be due to: • Trying to use steam before the iron is hot enough. Depending on the model of generator, when ironing on a low temperature, decrease the steam output by adjusting the steam output dial on the control panel. Wait for the iron temperature control light to go out before ironing. • The water may also have condensed in the pipes because you are using steam for the first time or you have not used it for some time. In which case hold the iron away from the ironing board and press the steam control button until it produces steam. • Over-use of the turbo steam function can cool down the iron soleplate. In this case stop using the turbo steam function and allow the iron temperature control light to come on and go off again before using this function again. • The boiler may be too full. Do not fill it right to the top.
• You are using chemical descaling products or additives in the water. You should never put these products in the water tank. If this is the case, contact an Approved Service Centre. • Your washing has not been rinsed sufficiently or you are ironing a new item of clothing before washing it. Ensure that you have rinsed your clothes thoroughly in order to to remove soap deposits or chemicals from new garments which could stick to the iron.
No. The pressure is at a relatively low level. Your appliance has two safety systems. • A valve avoids any excess pressure and, in the event of malfunction of the appliance, allows the surplus steam to escape • A thermal fuse to avoid any overheating.
A steam generator is the most powerful iron that generates vast amounts of powerful steam in a separate boiler unit and pumps that steam constantly and consistently through the iron's soleplate straight into the clothes. The benefit is that this halves your ironing time and produces fantastic ironing finishes. A steam station is similar to an ordinary iron but has a larger water tank. The water is pumped up to the iron and the steam is generated in the iron not a separate boiler unit. The steam output is constant but not as powerful as a steam generator.
The formation of lime scale is avoided because the water is not in direct contact with the heating element, which is located outside the tank. However, the tank should be rinsed after 10 uses to avoid lime scale deposits.
These functions means that your steam generator is fitted with an electronic regulation which offers you the perfect temperature and steam combination allowing you to iron all your ironable fabrics without risk and without having to sort them.