TEFAL PURELY AND SIMPLY SV5021 Steam Generator Iron
PURELY AND SIMPLY SV5021 Steam Generator Iron4 times more capacity than a standard iron for longer ironing sessions
Purely and Simply Steam Generator SV5021
Purely and Simply Steam Generator equipped with a large water tank, providing 4 times more autonomy for longer ironing sessions*. Its filter cartridge system purifies water for enhanced iron longevity and scale-free steam production.
Purely and Simply Steam Generator produces with pure steam action. Its remote water tank provides 4 times greater capacity for longer ironing sessions while its easy-to-access filter system purifies water for scale-free steam production, enhancing iron longevity. Rounding it all off are a fast warm-up of only 2 minutes, a ceramic soleplate for smooth gliding and a convenient steam cord compartment for easy storage.
* Compared to an average capacity of 300ml for standard steam irons.
Longer ironing sessions
Longer sessions: The generous 1.2L water tank allows four times longer ironing sessions* and is easily refillable at any time – no need to turn off the steam generator and wait for it to reheat.
Up to 100g/min continuous steam for fast and easy ironing
Longer ironing sessions
High-capacity, easy-fill water tank for 4 x longer* ironing sessions
*Compared to an average capacity of 300ml for standard steam irons
Ready when you are
Fast heat-up time – ready to go in just two minutes
Easy and quick access to the filter cartridge for effortless maintenance.
Handy compartment for easy steam cord storage
Glideable ceramic soleplate for fast and efficient ironing
Choose a board that is height-adjustable to adjust it to your height. It should be steady and robust so that you can place the ironing appliance on it. The board should be perforated to allow the steam to pass through the fibres of the fabric to soften it and make ironing easier. The ironing board cover should also be suitable to allow the flow of steam through.
This function allows you to iron fabrics in situ or on a hanger. To do this, set the iron temperature button to the maximum position. • Leave the item on a hanger and gently pull the fabric with one hand. • Press the steam control button intermittently and move the iron from top to bottom. As the steam produced is very hot, it softens the fibres and removes creases. Note: Never use the vertical steam function on an item being worn by anyone.
To avoid damaging the soleplate, follow this advice: • Always place your iron on its heel rest or its base (depending on model). • Avoid ironing over abrasive items (buttons, zip fastenings, etc.). • Never clean your iron's soleplate with abrasive or metallic pads.
Shiny marks can appear on some fabrics, especially on dark coloured fabrics. We would advise ironing dark clothes inside out and using the correct temperature. If ironing mixed-fibre fabrics, set the temperature for the most fragile fibre. Important: The iron takes longer to cool down than to heat up. We recommend that you start with fabrics to be ironed at a low temperature.
The "anti-calc" cartridge is no longer functioning; replace it and then press the reset button for at least 3 seconds. Then press and hold the steam button for 2 or 3 minutes, holding the iron away from your clothes, to prime the pump.
The steam is more or less significant depending on the temperature setting of the iron. We advise you to use steam occasionally when the temperature is set low on the iron, otherwise drops of water could appear on your laundry.
• The Durillium soleplate: Regularly clean the soleplate with a damp, non metallic washing up pad. For easier, non-corrosive cleaning of your iron's soleplate, use a damp sponge on the soleplate while it is still warm. If cleaning dirt off is an issue, use the stick which is made specifically for cleaning the Durillium soleplates. • The stainless soleplate: Clean the soleplate of your iron when it is cool with a damp cloth or a non-abrasive sponge. • The autoclean soleplate: It is recommended that you use a soft damp cloth on the warm soleplate, in order not to damage the surface. Warning: The use of iron cleaner will cause damage to your soleplate's autoclean coating.
Before cleaning, ensure that the appliance is unplugged and that the soleplate and iron rest plate are cold. Do not use any detergents or descaling products to clean the soleplate or base unit. Never hold the iron or its base unit under tap water.
• Cleaning the base unit: Clean the plastic parts from time to time with a soft, slightly damp cloth.
• Cleaning the scale collector: Wait until the appliance has been switched off for at least 1 hour. Remove the scale collector by lifting and rotating the flap a quarter turn. Rinse the scale collector under the tap and put it back on the iron.
• Self-cleaning of the soleplate (depending on model): When the anti-calc indicator blinks, perform the steps described in this video.
• You are using chemical descaling products or additives in the water. You should never put these products in the water tank. If this is the case, contact an approved service centre. • Your washing has not been rinsed sufficiently or you are ironing a new item of clothing before washing it. Ensure that you have rinsed your clothes thoroughly in order to to remove soap deposits or chemicals from new garments which could stick to the iron.
After following the instructions in the user manual for starting the appliance, make sure that your electrical socket is working by plugging another appliance. If it still does not work, do not try to dismantle or repair the appliance yourself and take it to an approved repair centre.
• You have just refilled the reservoir and changed the "anti-calc" cartridge or you have just begun to use the device. ==> Press and hold the steam button for 2 or 3 minutes, keeping the iron away from your clothing to prime the pump. • The "anti-calc" cartridge is not installed or incorrectly installed in the appliance. ==> Make sure that the "anti-calc" cartridge is installed and fully engaged in its compartment. • Steam cannot be created at the temperature you have selected. ==> Adjust the thermostat to the steam zone (••• or to MAX). • The water tank is empty. ==> Fill the tank.
• You are using the steam function for the first time or you have not used the steam function in some time. ==> Press the steam button on your ironing board until the iron produces steam. • The setting is not correct (1 point/2 points) and the soleplate is not hot enough to produce steam. ==> Adjust the iron to 3 (••• or MAX) and wait for the iron thermostat light to deactivate before using the steam button again.
You did not press the reset button. Press it until the light stops flashing, then press and hold the steam button for 2 or 3 minutes, holding the iron away from your clothes, to prime the pump. If the problem persists contact an Approved Service Centre.