Make speedy work of your ironing by upgrading to the Tefal Express Compact SV7112. Small, but mighty, Express Compact’s maximum 5.9 bar pump pressure produces up to three times more continuous steam* (up to 120g/min) for stunning results in less time. An extra-powerful steam boost gives you up to 360g/min steam on demand to tackle tough creases and thicker fabrics, with quick and flawless results. It also has a vertical steam function, making it easy to refresh hanging garments, curtains and other fabric around the home. These steam generator irons will even tell you when it’s time to descale. When the anti-scale button flashes, simply fill the water tank and press the anti-scale button for 3 seconds to flush the scale – no cartridges, no hassle. Our new Xpress Glide ceramic soleplate makes ironing fast and effortless, and there’s no complicated set-up. Simply press to set the temperature according to the fabric you’re ironing. The 1.7L water tank gives you up to 2 hours' ironing time from one fill and is removable to make it easy to top up under the tap. There’s also an Eco Mode setting to cut energy use by up to 20%** without compromising performance and, for peace of mind, Express Compact turns off automatically if left unused for 8 minutes on its heel. The carry lock, cord compartment and compact size make storage easy.
*Compared to a traditional steam iron **-20% compared with energy use at maximum output level
*Compared to a traditional steam iron
Up to 5.9 bar pump pressure for faster ironing
Up to three times more continuous steam* for stunning results in less time.
*Compared to a traditional steam iron
Steam on demand
Up to 360g/min steam boost to smooth stubborn creases and for vertical steaming
Repairable for 10 years
Designed for easy repair at the lowest cost for 10 years; fast delivery of parts to 6500 repair centres worldwide
New Xpress Glide ceramic soleplate for fast and effortless ironing
Auto-off, carry lock, cord compartment and compact design for safe and easy storage
HIGHLY COMPACT FRAME
Designed for maximum convenience and ease, the compact frame has a smaller footprint than a sheet of A4 paper.
MULTI-USE VERTICAL STEAMING
This versatile feature is perfect for last-minute touch-ups, while also enabling steaming of suits, delicate fabrics and curtains.
Energy-saving Eco Mode to cut energy use by up to 20%**
**-20% compared with energy use at maximum output level
Choose a board that is height-adjustable to adjust it to your body. It should be steady and robust so that you can place the ironing appliance on it. The board should be perforated to allow the steam to pass through the fibres of the fabric to soften it and make ironing easier. The ironing board cover should also be suitable to allow the flow of steam through.
This function allows you to iron fabrics in situ or on a hanger. To do this, set the iron temperature button to the maximum position. • Leave the item on a hanger and gently pull the fabric with one hand. • Press the steam control button intermittently and move the iron from top to bottom. As the steam produced is very hot, it softens the fibres and removes creases. Note: Never use the vertical steam function on an item being worn by anyone.
To avoid damaging the soleplate, follow this advice: • Always place your iron on its heel rest or its base (depending on model), • Avoid ironing over abrasive items (buttons, zip fastenings, etc.), • Never clean your iron’s soleplate with abrasive or metallic pads.
Shiny marks can appear on some fabrics, especially on dark coloured fabrics. We would advise ironing dark clothes inside out and using the correct temperature. If ironing mixed-fibre fabrics, set the temperature for the most fragile fibre. Important: The iron takes longer to cool down than to heat up. We recommend that you start with fabrics to be ironed at a low temperature.
The steam is more or less significant depending on the temperature setting of the iron. We advise you to use steam occasionally when the temperature is set low on the iron, otherwise drops of water could appear on your laundry.
• The Durillium soleplate: Regularly clean the soleplate with a damp, non metallic washing up pad. For easier, non-corrosive cleaning of your iron's soleplate, use a damp sponge on the soleplate while it is still warm. If cleaning dirt off is an issue, use the stick which is made specifically for cleaning the Durillium soleplates. • The stainless soleplate: Clean the soleplate of your iron when it is cool with a damp cloth or a non-abrasive sponge. • The autoclean soleplate: It is recommended that you use a soft damp cloth on the warm soleplate, in order not to damage the surface. Warning: The use of iron cleaner will cause damage to your soleplate's autoclean coating.
Before cleaning, ensure that the appliance is unplugged and that the soleplate and iron rest plate are cold. Do not use any detergents or descaling products to clean the soleplate or base unit. Never hold the iron or its base unit under tap water.
• Cleaning the base unit: Clean the plastic parts from time to time with a soft, slightly damp cloth.
• Cleaning the scale collector: Wait until the appliance has been switched off for at least 1 hour. Remove the scale collector by lifting and rotating the flap a quarter turn. Rinse the scale collector under the tap and put it back on the iron.
• Self-cleaning of the soleplate (depending on model): When the anti-calc indicator blinks, perform the steps described in this video.
• You are using chemical descaling products or additives in the water. You should never put these products in the water tank. If this is the case, contact an Approved Service Centre. • Your washing has not been rinsed sufficiently or you are ironing a new item of clothing before washing it. Ensure that you have rinsed your clothes thoroughly in order to to remove soap deposits or chemicals from new garments which could stick to the iron.
After following the instructions in the user manual for starting the appliance, make sure that your electrical socket is working by plugging another appliance. If it still does not work, do not try to dismantle or repair the appliance yourself and take it to an approved repair centre.