From Monday December 21th 2020 at 8:00 AM the Tefal Accessories Store will be closed for sales. This is to configure the platform and system for changes required with respect to customs and deliveries in accordance with BREXIT implementation from 1st January 2021. We will be open again from early January with the services and adapted for the new environment. Tefal Accessories will still be available from your local service/repair agent’s in this period, contact details on the REPAIRS page of this site.
TEFAL Express Anti-Scale SV8012 Steam Generator Iron
Express Anti-Scale SV8012 Steam Generator Iron Express ironing. High-performance results.
• Faster ironing thanks to double the steam* and best-in-glide** soleplate • First steam generator iron with patented Scale Collector for lasting steam power • Vertical steam-ready in 30 seconds – ideal for last-minute touch-ups • With 1.8L removable water tank, plus built-in cord storage and easy-carry lock
*Compared to a standard steam iron **External test on coatings; +33% more glide versus previous range
Looking for the best steam generator iron for quick and easy ironing? Consider upgrading to the Tefal Express Anti-Scale SV8012, Tefal’s most powerful steam generator iron yet. Its 6.2 bar pump produces up to 120g/min continuous steam – two times more than a steam iron* – plus an extra 400g/min steam boost to cut through creases even faster. Our new best-in-glide** Durilium Airglide Autoclean soleplate gives you 33% more glide** and more active steam holes for fast and effortless ironing. The Autoclean catalytic coating keeps it stain free and in prime condition over time, too. This is also the first Tefal steam generator iron with patented removable Scale Collector – the ultimate weapon in the fight against limescale. Up to 10 times more efficient*** at capturing scale, this easy descaling solution helps preserve long-lasting steam performance for effortless crease removal. Simply pull it out and rinse it under the tap – scale be gone! Last-minute touch-up to your work shirt? Don’t panic. Express Anti-Scale’s easy vertical steam feature lets you start steaming 30 seconds after you switch it on****. How’s that for speedy steaming? And if all that wasn’t enough, there’s a 1.8L removable water tank for up to 2 hours’ continuous use and fuss-free refills, plus a handy cord compartment for easy storage and a carry lock for safe transportation to and from the cupboard. • Faster ironing: The Express Anti-Scale produces up to two times more continuous steam* to speed up sessions, plus a 400g/min steam boost to tackle tough creases with ease. • Effortless results: The new Durilium Airglide Autoclean soleplate gives you 33% more glide** for fast, effortless ironing and optimal steam diffusion for efficiency. The Autoclean coating keeps it stain free. • Lasting power: Tefal’s first steam generator iron with patented removable Scale Collector. Up to 10 times more efficient at capturing scale***, this ensures lasting steam power and easy crease removal. • Steam on demand: The Express Anti-Scale steam generator iron has an easy vertical steam feature that’s ready to use in 30 seconds**** for speedy steaming – great when you’re in a rush. • Convenient features: It’s got a 1.8L removable water tank for up to 2 hours’ non-stop use and easy tap refills, plus cord compartment for simple storage and easy-carry lock for safe transportation.
***External test 2016
*Compared to a standard steam iron **External test on coatings; +33% more glide versus previous range ***External test 2016 ****In vertical steam position
10 x more efficient Scale Collector*** to maintain lasting steam power for easy crease removal
6.2 bars producing 120g/min continuous steam* for high-performance results, fast
*Compared to a standard steam iron
Easy crease removal
Powerful 400g/min steam boost to smooth stubborn creases with ease
33% more glide** and optimal steam diffusion for fast and effortless ironing
**External test on coatings; +33% more glide versus previous range
Easy vertical steam
Ready in 30 seconds****, ideal for last-minute touch-ups
****In vertical steam position
1.8L water tank for up to 2 hours’ ironing; removable for easy refills
Safe and secure
Cord compartment and carry lock for safe and easy transportation and storage
Repairable for 10 years
Designed for easy repair at the lowest cost for 10 years; fast delivery of parts to 6500 repair centres worldwide
Choose a board that is height-adjustable to adjust it to your height. It should be steady and robust so that you can place the ironing appliance on it. The board should be perforated to allow the steam to pass through the fibres of the fabric to soften it and make ironing easier. The ironing board cover should also be suitable to allow the flow of steam through.
This function allows you to iron fabrics in situ or on a hanger. To do this, set the iron temperature button to the maximum position. • Leave the item on a hanger and gently pull the fabric with one hand. • Press the steam control button intermittently and move the iron from top to bottom. As the steam produced is very hot, it softens the fibres and removes creases. Note: Never use the vertical steam function on an item being worn by anyone.
To avoid damaging the soleplate, follow this advice: • Always place your iron on its heel rest or its base (depending on model). • Avoid ironing over abrasive items (buttons, zip fastenings, etc.). • Never clean your iron's soleplate with abrasive or metallic pads.
Shiny marks can appear on some fabrics, especially on dark coloured fabrics. We would advise ironing dark clothes inside out and using the correct temperature. If ironing mixed-fibre fabrics, set the temperature for the most fragile fibre. Important: The iron takes longer to cool down than to heat up. We recommend that you start with fabrics to be ironed at a low temperature.
The steam is more or less significant depending on the temperature setting of the iron. We advise you to use steam occasionally when the temperature is set low on the iron, otherwise drops of water could appear on your laundry.
• The Durillium soleplate: Regularly clean the soleplate with a damp, non metallic washing up pad. For easier, non-corrosive cleaning of your iron's soleplate, use a damp sponge on the soleplate while it is still warm. If cleaning dirt off is an issue, use the stick which is made specifically for cleaning the Durillium soleplates. • The stainless soleplate: Clean the soleplate of your iron when it is cool with a damp cloth or a non-abrasive sponge. • The autoclean soleplate: It is recommended that you use a soft damp cloth on the warm soleplate, in order not to damage the surface. Warning: The use of iron cleaner will cause damage to your soleplate's autoclean coating.
Before cleaning, ensure that the appliance is unplugged and that the soleplate and iron rest plate are cold. Do not use any detergents or descaling products to clean the soleplate or base unit. Never hold the iron or its base unit under tap water.
• Cleaning the base unit: Clean the plastic parts from time to time with a soft, slightly damp cloth.
• Cleaning the scale collector: Wait until the appliance has been switched off for at least 1 hour. Remove the scale collector by lifting and rotating the flap a quarter turn. Rinse the scale collector under the tap and put it back on the iron.
• Self-cleaning of the soleplate (depending on model): When the anti-calc indicator blinks, perform the steps described in this video.
• You are using chemical descaling products or additives in the water. You should never put these products in the water tank. If this is the case, contact an approved service centre. • Your washing has not been rinsed sufficiently or you are ironing a new item of clothing before washing it. Ensure that you have rinsed your clothes thoroughly in order to to remove soap deposits or chemicals from new garments which could stick to the iron.
After following the instructions in the user manual for starting the appliance, make sure that your electrical socket is working by plugging another appliance. If it still does not work, do not try to dismantle or repair the appliance yourself, instead, take it to an approved repair centre